No AWAY is a campaign that spreads awareness about plastic consumption
To create opportunities for people to learn more about the plastic cycle and simple ways to reduce their plastic footprint. No AWAY creates community actives that are easy to do and share.
The different types of plastic
1. Polyethylene terephthalate (PETE or PET), i.e.—beverage and food containers.
2. High density polyethylene (HDPE) i.e.—dish and laundry detergent bottles.
3. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC or vinyl) i.e.—medical tubing, siding, floor tiles.
4. Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) i.e.— dry cleaning, bread and frozen food bags.
5. Polypropylene (PP) i.e.—food and medicine containers and bottles.
6. Polystyrene (PS) i.e.—cups, plates, egg cartons.
7. Other: Often polycarbonate but also anything that is not 1 to 6, including bioplastics, i.e—reusable water bottles.